LUMBERTON — The Robeson County Veterinary Medical Association will hold its biannual Rabies Vaccination Clinic at all 32 fire departments across the county from Aug. 25 to Aug. 29.
During the program, rabies vaccinations will be offered at a discounted price of $8 to dogs, cats and ferrets. State law requires pets to be vaccinated.
The vaccinations will be offered from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Dates and locations are as follows:
• Aug. 25 at Lumberton Central, Smith’s, Pembroke, Rowland, St. Pauls and Red Springs fire departments.
• Aug 26 at Fairmont City, Parkton, Smyrna, Maxton Southeastern, Burnt Swamp-Philadelphus, Rennert and Raft Swamp fire departments.
• Aug. 27 at Fairmont Rural, Lumber Bridge, Saddletree, Prospect, Deep Branch, Big Marsh and Northwood fire departments.
• Aug. 28 at Shannon, Britts, Pembroke Rural, Whitehouse, East Howellsville and Sterlings fire departments.
• Aug. 29 at Allenton, Queheel, Raynham-McDonald, Evans Crossroads, Orrum and Pine Terrace fire departments.
Following its rabies vaccination drive, the Robeson County Veterinary Medical Association will offer discount spay and neuter services to dogs and cats as part of its biannual SNIP initiative from Sept. 2 to Sept 13.
Veterinary clinics participating in SNIP include: Biard’s Animal Hospital in Lumberton; North End Veterinary Clinic in Lumberton; Southeastern Veterinary Hospital in Lumberton; South Robeson Veterinary Hospital in Fairmont; North Star Veterinary Hospital in Parkton; and Pembroke Veterinary Hospital in Pembroke.
For information, call Dr. David Brooks at 910-521-3431.