With just a few hours remaining to contribute to The Empty Stocking Fund, we need just four donations of at least $10 to take full advantage of an anonymous benefactor’s pledge of up to $6,000.
We are confident that will happen, so while today’s total is just more than $42,600, there is $6,000 more in the fund that has not yet been counted.
There are 18 new gifts to report today, including $500 donations from Century 21 — The Real Estate Center and the Robeson County Shrine Club and Sudan Cats. Today’s largest gift of $515.25 comes from counselors with the Public Schools of Robeson County. There are six more gifts made in honor of Pam Rancke, and a $100 gift in memory of David Richardson, a doctor and generous contributor of the fund who died earlier this year, from his nurse Debbie.
If you plan to contribute, you better start heading toward The Robesonian, which is at 2175 Roberts Ave. in Lumberton. The deadline to donate is 2 p.m. today as we need to give staff at the Department of Social Services time to get $50 vouchers for each child to the eligible families.
We also have an apology to make. A $100 gift reported in Thursday’s newspaper in honor of Pam Rancke was made by Nicky and Myrtle McKeithan, not just Nicky. Myrtle, the mistake was ours, so go easy on Big Nick.
219. PSRC Counselors ……$515.25
220. From a friend …….$50.00
221. In memory of Billy McKenzie, Emily Tallent and the Newtown, Conn., children….. $30.00
222. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Peggy Farnsworth ……$40.00
223. In memory of our son, Lance Cpl. Jason Howard Webb USMC, from Debbie and Tony …..$100.00
224. In memory of Dr. David Richardson, friend and doctor to so many, who always encouraged his staff and friends to support the Empty Stocking, his nurse Debbie….. $100.00
225. Contribution in loving memory of infant Blaise Youngs, from Barry and Dianne Youngs ……$50.00
226. In memory of Kanikki Johnson, from Southeastern Pembroke Urgent Care ……$70.00
227. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Michael Stogner …….$25.00
228. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Jill Shaver …..$25.00
229. Branch Acoustical …….$50.00
230. In honor of Chris Stephenson, from Kenneth and Amy Fleishman $150.00
231. In Honor of Pam Rancke, from Ruth B. McLellan $50.00
232. Lumberton Rescue and Emergency Medical Service Inc. …..$165.00
233. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Cavin D. Clapp …..$50.00
234. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Allison Desmit 50.00
235. Fred A. & Grace B. Hill, In memory of our parents, Mr. John W. and Mrs. Carlena H. Bullard,
and Mr. Percy, Sr. and Mrs. Julia S. Hill ……$150.00
236. Robeson County Shrine Club and Sudan Tomcats…..$500
237. Century 21 — The Real Estate Center…..$500
New total…. $42,607.94