The week ended on a high note for The Empty Stocking Fund, with 10 new gifts adding just more than $2,000 to the total.
The largest gift, for $1,000, came from Brenda Ferebee, a member of the school board, in honor of her late husband,
Ronald Milton Ferebee. The late pastor was a huge supporter of the Hilly Branch Career Center.
We also have a $500 gift from the Lumberton Rotary Club, four more gifts honoring Pam Rancke, and a gift in memory of Albert Sharpe, a former owner of The Robesonian.
Each of the 10 gifts will be matched with a $25 gift from an anonymous benefactor.
The fund’s total is now $8,522, enough to pay for Christmas for 170 children; however, the list, with 1,781 children, is very long.
Donations can be made in person at our office at 2175 N. Roberts Ave. or mailed to us at P.O Box 1028, Lumberton, N.C., 28359. Just make the check payable to The Empty Stocking Fund.
If you plan on making a gift of at least $500 and want a photograph published, please call Donnie Douglas, editor of The Robesonian, at 910-272-6104 to schedule that.
Each day The Robesonian will list the money donated and the contributors. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can do so by being listed as “A friend” or “Anonymous.” Donations can also be made in honor or memory of loved ones.
Previous total ………… $6,497
29. In honor of Pam Rancke ……$50.00
30. In honor of Pastor Ronald Milton Ferebee ……$1,000.00
31. Lumberton Rotary Club …….$500.00
32. Marie T. Townsend …….$100.00
33. In memory of Walter Van Note, from Dorothy A. Miller …….$25.00
34. In memory of Albert M. Sharpe, former owner of The Robesonian ……..$50.00
35. In honor of Pam Rancke …..$50.00
36. The Golden Group of Baltimore Baptist Church of Fairmont…… $100.00
37. In honor of Pam and John Rancke, from Anne Culbreth …….$50.00
38. In honor of Pam and John Rancke, from Danny and Katherine Martin….$100.00
New total ……….……….$8,522.00