Donations flooded The Empty Stocking Fund on Monday, with the day’s biggest check being $1,000, and more than half of the new donations in honor Pam Rancke.
In all, 29 donations added $3,770 to the fund, pushing its total to $12,267.
Pictured to the right are six ladies with the Public Schools of Robeson County Association of Office Professionals and their $1,000 check.
Each one of the 67 gifts we have received so far, because all have been for at least $10, will be matched by a $25 gift from an anonymous benefactor, meaning there is $1,675 more in the fund that is yet to be reported.
We encourage readers to check the list below to see those in the community who are ensuring Christmas for needy children..
Donations can be made in person at our office at 2175 N. Roberts Ave. or mailed to us at P.O Box 1028, Lumberton, N.C., 28359. Just make the check payable to The Empty Stocking Fund.
If you plan on making a gift of at least $500 and want a photograph published, please call Donnie Douglas, editor of The Robesonian, at 910-272-6104 to schedule that.
Each day The Robesonian will list the money donated and the contributors. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can do so by being listed as “A friend” or “Anonymous.” Donations can also be made in honor or memory of loved ones.
39. In honor of Pam and John Ranke, from Danny and Katherine Martin ……$100.00
40. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Dolli Adams …..$50.00
41. Difellis Sunday School Class …….$50.00
42. In memory of Marilyn Threewitts ……$100.00
43. In memory of Curtis D Thompson. from Alberta Thompson ……$100.00
44. A friend…….. $100.00
45. Willie A Hunt …….$50.00
46. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Steve and Margaret Collins …..$10.00
47. Public Schools of Robeson County Association of Office Professionals ……$1000.00
48. Christmas gift ……$150.00
49. Given by Mae and Pam Porter in honor of Pam Rancke and family ……$100.00
50. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Hubert Sullins Jr. and Annette Sullins $25.00
51. From the Mortgage Loan Department, in honor of Pam Rancke ……$130.00
52. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Sally Penington and Scott ……$50.00
53. Honoring Pam Rancke, from C. Rees Jenkins …..$10.00
54. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Goldrush Band ……$25.00
55. Jack R and Mayco Meade ……$25.00
56. Love gift from Fairmont Presbyterian Women, Fairmont…… $200.00
57. In honor of Pam Rancke and her family, from Michelle Smith …..$50.00
58. George Mozingo III M.D. and Carol Mozingo…… $500.00
59. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Thomas Hatcher Jr. and Emily Hatcher ……$30.00
60. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Christoper and Andrea Tally …..$30.00
61. In honor of Pam Rancke from Kelly and John Haskins …..$50.00
62. Martin Farley ……$50.00
63. Edna Cummings Oxendine …….$25.00
64. In honor of Pam Rancke, from John M. Rancke Jr. and Pamela Rancke ……$500.00
65. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Jim and Chris Atkinson ……$10.00
66. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Terryn and William Lee Owens …..$100.00
67. In honor of Pam Rancke and in memory of Karen Weinstein, from David F. Weinstein …..$100.00