The good week continues for The Empty Stocking Fund, with 15 new gifts pushing the total past $1,600.
Today’s largest gift of $2,000 comes from A Friend. Indeed it did.
Other donations we will mention are a $600 gift from Raynham Baptist Church, and a $500 gift from Trinity Episcopal Church ECW. There were several gifts made in memory or in honor of a person, including two more for Pam Rancke.
Each of the 82 gifts we have received so far will be matched with a $25 gift from an anonymous benefactor, so there is $2,050 in the fund that has not yet been added to our daily total.
We also have a correction to make. A $50 gift that was reported in Tuesday’s The Robesonian should have been credited to Fidellis Sunday School Class. Our apology for the typographical error.
We encourage anyone wishing to make a donation to do so as soon as possible. The staff at the Department of Social Services needs time to get the $50 vouchers to the eligible families. We are now working with the DSS to establish a deadline for giving.
Donations can be made in person at our office at 2175 N. Roberts Ave. or mailed to us at P.O Box 1028, Lumberton, NC, 28359. Just make the check payable to The Empty Stocking Fund.
If you plan on making a gift of at least $500 and want a photograph published, please call Donnie Douglas, editor of The Robesonian, at 910-272-6104 to schedule that.
Each day The Robesonian will list the money donated and the contributors. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can do so by being listed as “A friend” or “Anonymous.” Donations can also be made in honor or memory of loved ones.
68. A friend ……$2,000.00
69. In loving memory of: Brenda Lindsay, Donna Lindsay, Clyde M Lindsay and Chad A. Arnette ……$100.00
70. In honor of families and friends of murder and homicide victims ……$25.00
71. In loving memory of Chad A. Arnette, love Mom and Dad …..$25.00
72. Trinity Episcopal Church ECW ………$500.00
73. In memory of Esther, Archie and Cleo Lowery and Candace L Tuttle …..$100.00
74. Fairmont Rotary Club …….$100.00
75. Raynham Baptist Church ……..$600.00
76. Chester and Marla Jordan ……..$25.00
77. In memory of Marilyn Threewitts and in honor of Pam Ranke, from FM Averitt …….$50.00
78. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Ryan Boone and Terry and Wandre Ekins …….$100.00
79. Jeff and Janie Carroll ……$100.00
80. Love offering in memory of Reatha Locklear and Priscilla Locklear, from Angeline Locklear ……$25.00
81. In honor of John Wishert Campbell and Pauline and Betty, by a friend …….$100.00
82. In honor of Ray Oxendine of Maxton, by a friend ……$100.00
New total ……..$16,167.00