Well, we can put a big bow on this year’s The Empty Stocking Fund, which has finished with $60,597.94 donated.
According to Teresa Harris of the Department of Social Services, which administers the program, $50 vouchers has been distributed to 583 families to provide $50 vouchers for 1,296 children. If you are doing the math, understand that there was a little bit left in the fund from late donations last year and that money was used. This is the second highest number of children who have benefited from the fund during any single year.
We will mention a few of the donations from Friday.
The Lumber River of Council’s annual bowling tournament raised $7,700. The council’s Adrian Lowry said, “We would like to thank all the bowlers and those who sponsored this event. We would like to especially thank Scott McLean and the staff at the Lumberton Bowling Center.”
The tournament featured 105 bowlers and teams from LRCOG, Lumbee Tribal Housing, Titan Flow Control, Robeson County Departments of Health and Social Services, LBC League Bowlers, Fullers BBQ, Lumberton Police Officer Association, The Robesonian, Jim 3 Amusement, Northwoods Fire and Rescue, and Musselwhite, Musselwhite, Branch & Grantham. There were also teams sponsored by several local businesses.
We received a very generous $1,200 gift from six doctors and Lumberton Radiological Associates, a $500 gift from Terry Pate’s Home Sales in honor of Pam Rancke, and a $500 gifts from Lumberton’s finest, firefighters and police officers. Photos can be found inside of all three donations.
We want to thank everyone again for your generosity in making gifts, and John and Pam Rancke for inspiring so many people to donate during such a difficult time in their lives. A special thanks to the anonymous benefactor who inspired many of the 259 gifts that were received, enough to add the entire pledge amount, $6,000, to today’s total.
We wish everyone a merry Christmas.
New total…. $42,607.94
238. Lumber River Council of Government ……$7,700.00
239. In honor of John and Pam Rancke, from Sonya and Wade Rozier ……$100
240. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Terry Pate Home Sales ……..$500.00
241. In honor of Judy Avent, from Douglas Brent and Renie Mills ……$100.00
242. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Douglas Brent and Renie Mills …..$100.00
243. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Reggie and Sara Collins …..$50.00
244. From Don and Liz McIntyre in memory of Carl and Sena McIntyre….. $100.00
245. Michael & Lisa Schaeffer …..$100.00
246. Ethan Lewis Schaeffer ……$10.00
247. In honor of Pastor Ronald Ferebee, Jane McLean, Leon Revels, a friend from Connecticut and two friends, from Brenda Ferebee ……$130.00
248. Radiologists from Lumberton Radiological Associates ……$1,200.00
249. In memory of Bobby Townsend, from Townsend Electric …..$100.00
250. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Patricia Hill …..$100.00
251. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Robert and Melissa Petterson ……$250.00
252. Remember the 60’s Inc. ….. $100.00
253. In loving memory of Eddie Edmund, from Joyce Lineberry ……$200.00
254. From Sheri Neil & Stewart Chance, we pray for the Ranckes …..$100.00
255. In memory of the children of Sandy Hook Elementary, from Lion and Jennifer Smith …..$250.00
256. In honor of Pam and John Rancke, from Dayton & Michelle Wilson …..$100.00
257. In memory of Fonnie Mae Blue…….. $200.00
258. Lumberton police and firefighters…..$500
259. Anonymous match …..$6,000.00
New total….. $60,597.94