With a single week left to contribute to The Empty Stocking Fund, it has reached the $22,362 mark.
Nine of the 16 gifts today are in honor of Pam Rancke, and the largest comes from Marcus Williams, who has made a Christmas tradition of honor his parents, Sadie and Russell Williams, with a $500 donation in their honor.
Says Williams, “I won the lottery when it came to loving parents.”
We encourage those who wish to donate to do so immediately, because Teresa Harris, the supervisor at the Department of Social Services who is coordinating the effort there to distribute vouchers, calls daily with updates so that can be done in a timely fashion. The more money collected now, the less work the DSS staff will have to do in the days approaching Christmas.
Donations can be made in person at our office at 2175 N. Roberts Ave. or mailed to us at P.O Box 1028, Lumberton, N.C., 28359. Just make the check payable to The Empty Stocking Fund.
If you plan on making a gift of at least $500 and want a photograph published, please call Donnie Douglas, editor of The Robesonian, at 910-272-6104 to schedule that.
Each day The Robesonian will list the money donated and the contributors. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can do so by being listed as “A friend” or “Anonymous.” Donations can also be made in honor or memory of loved ones.
111. In memory of Leida Ford and Mae Roberts, love Mary and Thurmond Roberts ……$100.00
112. In honor of my friend Pam Rancke, from Cathy Maples ……$100.00
113. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Joshua and Caroline McIntyre …….$50.00
114. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Gina Melvin ……..$25.00
115. In honor of Sadie and Russell Williams, “For the kids.” I won the lottery when it came to loving parents, from Marcus W. Williams …..$500.00
116. From Mr and Mrs David Walker……. $100.00
117. In honor of Pam Rancke and in In memory of Gilbert Stephenson, from Anne Carroll Branch …….$100.00
118. Smyrna Baptist Church Senior …….$250.00
119. Given by Phil and Sarah Marion in honor of the employees of Southeast Region of BB&T to honor Pam Rancke …… $250.00
120. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Julia Smith …….$25.00
121. Lumberton Children’s Clinic staff …….$200.00
122. From Hugh Rogers, in memory of Hubert and Julia Rogers……. $250.00
123. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Betty Britt ……..$25.00
124. In honor of Pam Rancke, from someone who loves you …… $50.00
125. In memory of Mary Sue Horne and Helen Beasley, from Clarence and Gladys Rice …..$100.00
126. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Congressman Mike McIntyre and Dee ….$250.00
Running total ……$22,362.00