LUMBERTON — The Lumberton Lions recently installed officers for 2018-19 during ceremonies at the Lumberton Lions Club Den on Carthage Road.
The installing officer was past District Governor Lion Gary Greene, of the Lake Waccamaw Lions Club.
Installed to the office of president was George Lawson. Woody Huggins and David Cox were installed as vice presidents. Other officers include Secretary Jim Kirkland, Treasurer Channing Jones, Lion Tamer Luther Sanderson, Tail Twister Jimmy Martin and Chaplain Mitchell Taylor.
Directors installed include Brooks Baxley, Jimmy Martin, Kenny Morgret and Mitchell Taylor.
In addition to the installation of the officers, outgoing club President Kenny Cox recognized the past year’s officers and committee chairman. Cox also recognized Randy Harrison as a Jack Stickley Fellow. George Lawson was recognized as a North Carolina Lions ambassador. Installing officer Greene also presented the club with several awards for the work done by the club in the community, most notably the vision screening of nearly 2,800 children in the Public Schools of Robeson County.
Lions Clubs International is the world’s largest service club organization, numbering more than 1.4 million members in more than 207 countries and geographic areas. The Lumberton Lions Club supports many local charitable activities. The main focus of Lions Club work is to aid people who are blind or visually impaired.
Founded in 1945, the Lumberton Lions Club has 30 members who meet biweekly in the Lions Club building on Carthage Road.