Grant money available for Matthew repairs

By: Staff Report

LUMBERTON — Housing recovery grant money is being made available to Robeson County residents whose homes were damaged by Hurricane Matthew.

The money is being made available through the state of North Carolina and is for homeowners and renters. Go to for more information.

For more information, including a checklist of what to bring to an appointment, go to

An application center will open on Nov. 30 at the Robeson County Department of Social Services Building at 120 Glenn Cowan Road in Lumberton. The center’s hours will be Mondays to Fridays from 8:15 a.m to 5:15 p.m. It will be closed Dec. 22 to Jan. 2.

Applicants need to bring a photo ID, proof of residency, proof of residency during Matthew, photos of damage, tax return or last three pay stubs, insurance payments, and copies of other assistance received. Homeowners need to bring proof of ownership. Renters need to bring a lease.

Staff Report