Grant money available for Matthew aid

By: Staff report

PEMBROKE — Housing recovery grant money remains available to Robeson County residents looking to repair damages caused by Hurricane Matthew.

The money is provided through the state of North Carolina and is for homeowners and renters. Go to for more information, including a checklist of what to bring to an appointment.

The Lumbee Tribe will serve as an application center. The tribe is located at the Lumbee Tribal Housing Complex, 6984 N.C. 711 West, Pembroke.

The hours for the Lumbee Tribe Mobile Center are April 16 through April 19 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. To schedule an appointment to meet with an application specialist, call 910-475-7014.

Applicants need to bring a photo ID, proof of residency, proof of residency during Matthew, photos of damage, tax return or last three pay stubs, insurance payments, and copies of other assistance received. Homeowners need to bring proof of ownership. Renters need to bring a lease.

The money was made available in the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew, which swamped Robeson County on Oct. 8, 2016, damaging or destroying thousands of homes.

Staff report